News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

maker marked 0 and #9 diamond

got info today on a purchase off a #0 and diamond<9>

does anybody have info on these two makers?

i know the 0 is unknown for sure

the #9 is LIEFERGEMEINSCHAFT/SCHMUCKHANDWERKER

but what about the diamond part off it

i just bought these 2 plus a #1 DESCHLER UND SOHN for $599

let me know

Frank, I'm confused. Are we talking about 1st or 2nd Class Iron Crosses? I've not seen nor heard of either of those manufacturers (#0 & diamond <9>) you mention. Do you, per chance, have any photographs of those two, obverse & reverse? Deschlers I have heard of, and they happen to be one of my favorite manufacturers, so please post a picture!

dear bill

i have no pictures off these medals yet

im waiting to get them

heres a little info i got on these

word about the diamond <9>. I am being told that the diamond 9 is a highly prized piece and extraordinary rare and wanted by the sophisticated EK2 maker mark collecto. As with the Ubergrosse the reason for it's large size has never benn determined. The standard LdO size of the 1939 Iron Cross second class was from 43.5mm (Schinkel frame) up to 45mm as is the maker # 24.

i hope this helps a bit

i will post pictures off these asap

frank

I am being told that the diamond 9 is a highly prized piece and extraordinary rare and wanted by the sophisticated EK2 maker mark collector.

As with the Ubergrosse the reason for it's large size has never benn determined. The standard LdO size of the 1939 Iron Cross second class was from 43.5mm (Schinkel frame) up to 45mm as is the maker # 24.

frank.

Hallo Frank :beer: Sounds like a good sales pitch to me :unsure: hopefully you havent bought two duff items, with a genuine one.

Kevin in Deva :beer:

got info today on a purchase off a #0 and diamond<9>

i just bought these 2 plus a #1 DESCHLER UND SOHN for $599

let me know

So you bought three EK2's for $599? The only EK2's that can demand such prices as I have seen are the 'round 3' or the Shinkle (ones made from WW1 frames)

In the future, if you can always get photos and post them before you buy. We are all willing to help in any way we can :beer:

no i dont think so

ive been dealing with this dealer for a few years

always 100%

Hallo Frank1, :beer:

with regards dealers / collectors, wether proffesional or not, here is a condensed version of events told to me by a friend who lives in Kempten Allg?u, where I lived for a few years, that happened this year with regard medal collecting and dealers.

Instance 1:

The beginning of the year (2006) a medal collector in Kempten had a visit from a old lady, who happens to be friend of one of his relations. She brought with her a small wooden jewellery box in it was a WW2 Iron Cross First Class in mint condition and more importantly a very slightly worn Knight Cross plus the paper work, not the big certificates, but the slips accrediting the medal to such & such person, which is as good as, and she was asking 70 euro :speechless1: for the lot.

Needless to say she got her 70 euros. Everything was kosher. The book price for the Knights cross is 6500 euro another collector has already offered him 10000 euro for the two medals and paper work. He's holding on to them for the moment and regards it as picking six right in the lotto.

Instance 2:

The other side of the medal collecting coin, in the beginning of September "Michels" the shop just off the Fischer Strasse, Kempten, which deals in stamps, coins, bank notes and occasionally medals. Had a Knights Cross for sale with a provenance certificate from Niemann's stating its genuineness and market value.

A local collector bought it for 2500 euro, and showed it to a few Kemptener collectors one of whom was Boris, they were not happy with it. So he sent everything back to Niemanns for another assessment.

And its a fake, the entries on the provenance are false only the provenance certificate is genuine.

Michels took it back, paid him out his 2500 euro and as stopped selling anything militaria ever again. This too has enter the local medal collectors folklore. A rum world, what??

A.H. Kempten October 16th 2006.

:shame: I must add that personally, for a dealer-collector to take the Knights Cross knowing what the current market price is and fob the old dear off with just 70 euro is disgraceful, we all search for a bargin, but that goes beyond decencey :shame:

In some cases it's the buyer who is not fully aware of all the details as to the item he is purchasing, and some times the seller is not a 100% expert on all the items he is selling, they both can and do make mistakes, I have and probably will again.

If your items turn out to be duff, hopefully the dealer will give you a refund. :beer:

Kevin in Deva :beer::cheers:

Edited by Kev in Deva