News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dear Ilja,

are you 100 % sure, that your ORB #3 is authentic and not a fake? Maybe the scans are too bad, but for me the rv. looks somehow "painted", enamel looks poor and the order gives the impression of a casted - and not strucked - copy.

The entries in the OK make sense - 3 long service awards: Medal, RS & ORB #3 -, but the first and the last entry like a little bit unusal.

Best regards

Christian

Dear,Christian.Has bought this set at 100 % seller. Showed order two anothers

to good experts under the Soviet awards. But if there are any doubts, write.In any case I can return a medal to the seller in any time.Best regards.Ilja

Dear Ilja,

many thanks for the bigger scans - they are looking convincing, no doubts anymore :beer: .

How much did you pay for your ORB #3?

I got mine ORB #3 s/n. 8.426 (type 4) in 1994 in Vienna for about USD 250,- :P , but without OK.

Igor offers now an ORB #3 s/n. 8.418 (type 4) for USD 2.600,- also without OK: http://www.collectrussia.com/DISPITEM.HTM?ITEM=15891

Congratulations to your ORB #3 :beer: .

Best regards

Christian

Guest Rick Research

Looks like a textbook "Type 5, Variant 1, Reverse 3" on page 159 of Durov and Strekalov's "Orden Krasnogo Znameni" that was published this year.

The two Red Banners listed with the special stamp are from 1940 and in the 3 November 1944 range (but that one seems not to have been a long service one). No "2" was issued to this officer. It was fairly common (more often than not, maybe) to keep issuing initial award Red banners when a unit did not have any numbered-front ones to hand out.

I have no data on the Kutuzov numbers.

First Red Star from mid-1944.

Military Merit Medal certainly a 3 November 1944 10-14 years service award.

Second Red Star for 15 years service about 1949

and that final "3" Red Banner from 1955 for 20 years long service.

I'd askl for research on the missing Kutuzov and his service records and award record card for everything else. :beer: