News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Thies Auction and item number 43

Item number 43 (11 ribbon bar) has created a stir on the forum here and amoung collectors. When I saw the group I was extremely interested in it due to the research possibilities. I then realized that some of the bars go with other groups that have been sold or are offerred for sale by Thies Auctions. I made an attempt to gather a few interested parties together to help acquire the group and reunite some items. My motivation was:

1. reunite some groups

2. acquire some nice bars

My intent was NOT to make a profit or take advantage of oneone. If in my efforts I have created a problem for anyone I apologize. I would like to publicly state that due to the storm that is brewing about this group and the possible legal issues I will NOT bid on this group.

Hi Paul,

That's a shame that we (collectors) couldn't find an agreement and that as usual there is a lot of polemics.

I don't think that I am going to spend more than 700-800 USD dollars to buy a whole group of ribbon bars in order to get the two small halfs ribbon bars to complete my Jantzen's medal bar.

At the end nobody wins... ehm... wrong! Herr Thies will surely make a good profit out of it! Clever... good for him! Next life I would like to become auctioneer like him... you can handle prestigious orders and medals without having to buy them! Who knows maybe he collects, too! Almost all dealers and auctioneer are collectors and some of the forums members are dealers/collectors at the same time. These latter ones should better stay silent when such polemics arise due to a dispute on who should buy what, because to me these people are the most hypocritical. On one side they want to be the moralist, and on the other hand they buy pieces to resell to make a profit. That's my humble opinion. Please don't get it wrong: I don't want to get anybody feelings hurt. It's just the way I think. Now you can also ban me from this site.

Just for your information, in all the years I collected (more than 20) I never made any profit out my collection... I just collected for the fun of it. Unfortunately nowadays it seems that all what is important is money; only those who have plenty of it can collect and do whatever they want. Fortunately I am not poor and I am still single... so I am your potential competitor! :P

Ciao,

Claudio

Edited by Claudio