News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Italian-German Afrika Campaign Medal

Guest Darrell

Here is another one I inherited. A later "zinc" version with the typical maker mark of LORIOLI MILANO and DE MARCHIS.

• 3 weeks later...
    Guest Darrell

Two very nice medals! Was the bronze early war and the zinc late war? or two different levels of the award?

Bill

Hi Bill,

That's basically the difference. Zinc were later war.

Hi Darrell - here is a composite of mine that I bought off the WAF E-Stand.

It was discussed there in as much detail as can be for this medal...meaning not very much LOL but seemed that most thought it was ok. The difference is that the marker mark is raised not indented like most.

The ribbon I am still not sure of as it didnt pass the dreaded burn test. What are your ribbons like are they soft or like mine stiff ??

Craig

Guest Darrell

Hi Darrell - here is a composite of mine that I bought off the WAF E-Stand.

It was discussed there in as much detail as can be for this medal...meaning not very much LOL but seemed that most thought it was ok. The difference is that the marker mark is raised not indented like most.

The ribbon I am still not sure of as it didnt pass the dreaded burn test. What are your ribbons like are they soft or like mine stiff ??

Craig

Hi Craig. The Zinc Ribbon is unusual in that it is very wide. It is extremely soft Very silky in texture.

The Bronze one is stiff. It passed the UV Light test and looks ok.

Guest Darrell

Craig,

On a side note ... your ribbon appears to be much like this one that I had on a cast fake years ago ....

If you look closely, the frayed part of the ribbons match. It looks like some synthetic material. I never tried burning this one .. but the white (as well as the frayed ends) glowed like crazy under UV light.

Guest Darrell

Bruce here is a closeup of the Bad Ribbon. It glows at the tips (where there is fray - looks like fuzzy material). Also the white strips and the white thin threaded sides all glow very brightly under UV light.