News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Imperial award document to Beobachter

IPB ImageHello Gentleman, I don't usually post but I do drop in from time to time to see the latest items being discussed on the forum. I thought that maybe Rick research or Paul might have some info on my Award Document. Any help would be greatly appeciated. Many thanks, FLIEGERALDO.

Yo, Aldo!

I love these austere late-war docs...so far from the 1913/14 hand-lettered works of art with calligraphy and background design.

No info on this late-war Walter, anybody?

Many thanks for the kind words Herr Luftmensch. Seems to me to be a field award to Observer. Love to know where he's been. It goes with a complete Observer uniform with 1st class Iron Cross, Observer badge, black or very dark silver Wound Badge, Lt. Flieger boards on tunic and leather flying coat. Thanks again, Fliegeraldo

May it was this officer:

Walter, Ludwig born 20.12.1894 in Engelstadt, DIA 02.10.1918 Ballay Leutnant d. R. Beobachter Flieger Abteilung A 225.

OK, Thanks Militaria ! We're off to a great start. :beer::jumping: You fellows on the forum never cease to amaze me! Does anyone have listing of this Officers Awards?? I could only HOPE!! Thanks so much, Fliegeraldo.

OK, Thanks Militaria ! We're off to a great start. :beer::jumping: You fellows on the forum never cease to amaze me! Does anyone have listing of this Officers Awards?? I could only HOPE!! Thanks so much, Fliegeraldo.

I guess he had no chance to win any other awards except the medals on his tunic, finished oberver training in June 1918, killed in action in October 1918.

Edited by militaria0815

• 4 years later...

Hi

A late entry, but it follows the spirit of Neal O´Connor that this an ongoing research project..wink.gif

Lt dR x Walther (spelled so from two other different sources) was posted to FAA 221 on 4 Feb 18. He stayed in the unit

until EOW.

biggrin.gif

Gunnar