News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Glory 3rd class Nr. 304.970

Hello everyone,

here is a Glory 3rd class, which i got research for lately. I am still waiting for the translation, but until then, someone of you might like to help me to fill the gaps.

Here is what i have so far:

Boiko, Vasilii Ivanovich, born 1921

Awards:

Order of Glory 3rd class Nr. 304.970 awarded on 20.02.1945

Order of the Red Star Nr. 1.390.299 awarded on 13.05.1945

Medal for the Defense of Leningrad (noted on his citation)

What i understand from the citation:

"During the destruction of the enemy group in the region ??? Sergeant Boiko proved himself ...stoic, couraggeous commander.

On a Reconnaissance with his Platoon on 3. February sergeant Boiko captured two enemy germans and gathered valuable information. During the assault on ??? Comrade Boiko was the first, who broke into the village....where 8 germans were killed, 3 of them by Comrade Boiko.

For Courage, Boldness and skillfull management of his company Comrade Boiko deserves to be awarded the Order of the Red Star.

Commander of the Battalion, Guards Major Voronov

by order of the 70th Army Nr. 47/H of the 20.2.1945 he is awarded the Order of Glory 3rd class

Division-Chief of the Personnel, Colonel Sazonov

Approved, Lieutenant Colonel Kazakov"

Here is a scan of his award card:

Edited by Gerd Becker

Comrade Boiko - upgraded or downgraded :rolleyes:

Gentlemen,

had comrade Boiko been upgraded or downgraded?

Everybody knows my theory about the "effective" hierarchy among privates & NCOs in 1945 - in the last month of the GPW - in the case RS vs. Glory :D .

Lieber Gerd,

congratulations to this very special - Motorized Pontoon Bridging Battalion - Glory :beer: .

Best regards

Christian

For Courage, Boldness and skillfull management of his company Comrade Boiko deserves to be awarded the Order of the Red Star.

Commander of the Battalion, Guards Major Voronov

by order of the 70th Army Nr. 47/H of the 20.2.1945 he is awarded the Order of Glory 3rd class

Division-Chief of the Personnel, Colonel Sazonov

Approved, Lieutenant Colonel Kazakov"

• 1 month later...