News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Oak Crown (Luxembourg)

Hi Carol,

I hardly dare to say something about this one.

The problem is that there have been quite a lot of manufacturers for this order

as it was first made in Amsterdam by the royal court-jeweller, after the separation of Luxembourgh,

it was made in luxembourg.

So different manufacturers,

all I can say is that the quality to my gut-feeling isn't really supperbly, compared with the other pieces I have seen.

The diamond-shapes on the front of the cross aren't really diamond shaped as they should have been.

the reverse is really bland, even no maker to be seen.

The orb of the crown is not finely defined, also it's hitting the ring around the center.

It might be that this is a modern one, but still such a poor work for a high order.......

What's the asking price of the dealer???

Perhaps could Hendrik tell you more about this order...

Kind regards,

Jacky

Thanks Jacky for the reply. The asking price was almost 800 euros, but I suspect it was overpriced.

Carol,

I don't think it's Dutch manufacture because the maker's marks of Moussault, Van Maarseveen or Bron are missing. It could be a Becht-piece however, but I'm not totally sure.

800 euro's sounds like a fair price for an older piece.

Cheers,

Erik

Edited by ErikMuller

I don't think it's Dutch manufacture because the maker's marks of Moussault, Van Maarseveen or Bron are missing. It could be a Becht-piece however, but I'm not totally sure.

Thanks Erik for the reply. I liked the impression made by the enamel work on this piece.