News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Nasty Horrid Rusty Things That Went BOOM

Guest Rick Research

Guest Rick Research

It seems there were battlefield tourists long before our current intrepid wanderers. Unfortunately no writing on this cheerful original postcard-format photo at all to indicate where or when,

but somebody had a strange hobby during the war!

(I'm picturing the cameras of that day going FLASH on top of "dud" ordnance-- must have been a "popular" guy!!! :speechless1::speechless1::speechless1::speechless1: )

Here are a couple of German officers being fascinated by the same sort of pneumatic round. The one is messing around with the detonator. :speechless1: My guess is that these two did not make it through the war!

Chiop

As we can see, the first EOD team trials didn't go too well. While smoking, the intrepid team members decided to figure out what the funny looking wire "thingy" at the front of the shell did! And BOOM!

I'm sure that they didn't do this a second time and that the other members of the team outside of at least a three (3) meter radius were now much wiser and appreciated the sacrifice made by their friends!

;)

"SPM"

Guest Rick Research

That appears to be precisely the same Airborne Nasty as in the middle of the "portrait" photo. Nice to have an idea of the actual scale! :beer:

Here's another "thingy" display from the other perspective. Looks like mostly German items shown here. There's a gas "Kugel" with belt carrier/igniter, two standard patterns of rifle grenades and several "homemade" toys.

Chip

On the first row everything seems to be "homemade". :unsure:

Second row: A rare german "Handnebelbombe" (smoke grenade), rifle grenades 13 and 14, both with transportation plug.

The can in the lower left corner looks homemade too.

Here's another "thingy" display from the other perspective. Looks like mostly German items shown here. There's a gas "Kugel" with belt carrier/igniter, two standard patterns of rifle grenades and several "homemade" toys.

Chip

Edited by JensF.