News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Red Army Uniforms

Kane

Gidday All,

Have recently got myself a few medals and am looking for a nice uniform to put them on. Where is the best place on the internet that I would be able to get one. I am preferably looking for a Colonel's uniform.

Cheers,

Kane

Kane,

There is a soviet colonels uniform going now on ebay for US $199.99, and it finishes on the 27th of Dec. This is what the seller is saying about it "Armor Colonels Uniform. Tunic is complete with rank insignia, fourteen ribbons, shoulder boards, collar insignia and tank badge. Trousers approx. size 33 and tunic size appros. 40. Used lightly but nice condition."

Here is the web page if you want to check it out:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Armor-Colonels-Unif...VQQcmdZViewItem

Cheers,

Tom

Edited by Tom Green

Guest Rick Research

That eBay uniform looks good-- field tunics like that M1969 do not seem to turn up as often as service dress

BUT

the ribbons do not seem to belong-- there are jubilees as late as 1978 for a WW2 veteran but NO long service ribbons, which makes the combination of Orders = a 20 year Red Banner, 15 Year Red Star, 10 years MMM, indicating joined the Red Army before 1937

and that would make this this guy on "active" duty after at least 41 years.

Oops!! I just realised I posted the wrong link!

Undertheredstar is great for visor caps!

I meant to post www.frontofrussia.com

They are based in Kirovograd in Ukraine, and have a very fairly priced selection of uniforms, including lots of copies of early gear. (Which are worth a look to see what is now being faked!)

If you ask the for a motor rifles tunic circa 1989 to a colonel, they will get you one! Probably for less than $50 too.