News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Researched Glory 3 - Translation Help required

Guest andrew67

Guest andrew67

Hello All

I finally got my research on a Order of Glory 3rd class 677389 , unfortunately I dont yet have the translation so I am hoping that a few members might be able to help me out.

The researcher sent me an email a couple of weeks ago telling me the research was completed and also mentioned , " BTW, this order was given for June 1944 Offensive against Finns on the Karelian Istmus. " Sounds interesting :)

Unfortunately I dont have a scanner and have had to take pics with a digital camera , hopefully they are readable.

http://www.austech.info/DSCF2713.JPG

http://www.austech.info/DSCF2709.JPG

Edited by andrew67

Hello Andrew,

Arhipov Pavel Mihajlovich. Born in 1911 in the village of M. Konezarye (Luga subregion, Leningrad region). Nationality - Russian. Non-party member. Education level - elementary. Military rank - Private. In Red Army from March 1944 till September 1945.

Rank and position at the time of being awarded - Private, rifleman of 14th Rifle Regiment, 72nd "Pavlovsk" Red Banner Rifle Division.

On June 10, 1944 during the breakthrough of a heavily fortified enemy defence line near the station of Beloostrov, comrade Arhipov with his machine-gun personally destroyed two enemy firing positions with their crew. During the forced crossing of the river Sestra he was the first to reach enemy trenches, where he personally killed up to platoon of Finnish soldiers. His action provided an opportunity for our advanced infantry units to move forvard with minimal losses.

Signed by the commander of 14th Rifle Regiment Major Korolev.

Just want to say that it is a really cool citation. The real hero he was.

If you can, post the back of his award card as well.

Edited by Mondvor