News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hohenzollern enamel cross - kind of.

I have been gone for a little while and have not been posting much so I have a few things I would like to discuss. First is this Hohenzollern Kriegerbund piece. I bought mine for around $30 - $40 at a local show a couple of years ago. I just liked that it was from Hohenzollern. Then one day I see it in Detlev Vol 2 for 150 so I think I got lucky. Time passes and I see Detlev sell one for 45 Euros. Is this a case of a printing error or are these things considered rare? I see one or two a year so they can not be too scarce. I have noticed different versions of this cross also. Is there a known date that these were made? Has anyone ever found one on a medal bar? I have seen some solid green ribbons before on ribbon bars and now wonder if this is a possible candidate. I look forward to your thoughts.

Edited by CRBeery

I think it's not to common, but 150,- ? would really be to much. Niemann wrote it in his katalogue - probably no printing mistake, but a mistake indeed, and so he sells them much cheaper. The price he asked for it is a normal one in my humble opinion ...