News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I have managed to borrow a copy of the Bavarian book (about 600 pages) with all the winners of the silver and gold bravery medals (and other ones as well), it has citations and why they recieved it.

I am going to photograph it for myself and make CDs of it.

I think EUR5 with postage included would be a fair price?

I also want to do the same with the 2 histories of the 2nd bavarian Jaeger battalion, although I assume the medlas book would have a wider appeal...

Is there anyone who would be interested?

Thanks

Chris

Guest Rick Research

5 (Five/f?nf/cinq) Eurines?

Does that INCLUDE postage????? :cheeky:

I tinks youz left another number off, or you be bankrupt soon. :rolleyes:

5 (Five/f?nf/cinq) Eurines?

Does that INCLUDE postage????? :cheeky:

I tinks youz left another number off, or you be bankrupt soon. :rolleyes:

Na, EUR5 will do it. I just have to take photos, not like I am having to write or transcribe anything.

I hope if I do this, someone else may do a book they have (Regt histories are a good start) and that in the long run we can pool these sources.

Chris,

photographing 600 pages sounds like pretty numbing stuff. How you considered buying a dedicated book scanner? I bought a Plustek Opticbook 3600 plus recently which I am extremely pleased with, The glass scanning area reaches almost flush with the edge of the scanner enabling pages to be placed flat on the glass for very good results indeed. The Plus version also comes with supplied pdf software for the easy creation of "ebooks". Mine was about 300 Euros.

Regards

Glenn

bav0001.jpg

Hi,

its an idea worth looking into, but for the moment I am going to have to look into the photo possibility. I only have the book for a few more days.

I have my tripod and camera. As it is just a work where folks look for detailed info on one guy I am hoping the Jpegs are OK.

I want to keep it cheap so I can pass them on cheap, it is basically just a case of Info sharing.