News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Military Medal in Arnhem

Hi folks,

Sorry my ignorance concerning English decorations, but I would like to know if there is a list of MM awarded for galantry during the Arnhem battles in 1944. Or, is it possible to know if a certain guy (which I only have the surname and possible unit) was in fact awarded with this medal?

Douglas.

Ed,

Thanks once more for the tip. However, I have been checking the site but it seems that the tools available only allow the search regarding the VC, MC, DCM and MSM. I assume that will be necessary to contact them by e-mail about the MM. The surname is not a common one :rolleyes: .

Wishes,

Douglas.

Ed,

Thanks once more for the tip. However, I have been checking the site but it seems that the tools available only allow the search regarding the VC, MC, DCM and MSM. I assume that will be necessary to contact them by e-mail about the MM. The surname is not a common one :rolleyes: .

Wishes,

Douglas.

No, you can just enter the surname without any decoration indicated and set it for the years desired. There may be some looking and, as I say, the system is far less than perfect. Still, better than using the paper index to the LG.

Ed,

Thanks again. I didn't find anything under the name I have.

Thus, I assume that such guy never was not awarded, as it was told me.

Regards,

Douglas.

Not finding him there is not a certainty, but this does have the smell of a "buy the medal, not the story" situation.

• 1 month later...