News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

RASH OF PLM Minis turning up on Ebay Worldwide.

Hallo Gents :cheers:

just been sold for 869 usa dollars. :rolleyes:

kernstahlhelm( 629) Seller description:

Up for auction here is a German World War I Blue Max Pour Le Merite Lapel War Decoration. This piece measures 3/4 inch in diameter, and is light blue double sided enamel. The front reads: "Pour le Me' rite" The top arm has an "F" with a crown above. The button hole device measures 5/8 inch in diameter and is marked " *J. Godet & Sohn * Berlin". Includes the black and gray ribbon, that measures 7/8 inch by 1.5 inches. A lapel decoration was worn on the walking out dress uniform. This piece is in EXCELLENT condition.

Dont ya just luv the ticky-tacky-tiny pictures :P

Kevin in Deva.

Unfortunately for the buyer, these miniatures are fake. The simple fact that they are turning up so frequently on Ebay should be a good indicator of that. The style of Godet buttons that appear on them varies, as the fakers appear to be using original buttons that could have come from any type of buttonhole ribbon or miniature. The fact that it says "Godet" on the button does not make the miniature original to the period.

Tim

Tim :beer:

thanks for the info, even to my un-knowing eye the quality is poorer than the GODET button :D thankfully while it remains that way they will be easier to spot. Can't say I feel sorry for the people who are too lazy to join a good forum and research the items before parting with their cash :P

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

It would be unusual, to say the least... for Godet to make a buttonhole mini and leave that crappy pie wedge suspension at the top. When I first saw the listing, I couldn't believe what I was seeing.... when I looked later and it was at $800... 'nough said!