News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My own french medals

Deruelle

Hi everybody,

Have a look to my own medals I received during my duty. I was Mar?chal des Logis (Sergeant) in the 1st Regiment du Train ? Vincennes near Paris. I'm doing research in the Service Historique de l'Arm?e de Terre during two years; I was volunteer.

My first unit was the 24e r?giment d'infanterie and when this unit was disolved in 1997, I was transfered in the 1st regiment du train.

regards

Christophe

Hi Riley

Thanks for your comments

First picture

- Fourrag?re du 24e r?giment d'infanterie aux couleurs du ruban de la croix de guerre.

- Insigne de b?ret couleur or pour l'infanterie avec le macaron jaune qui servait pour les d?fil?s

- Insigne de bras portant le num?ro du r?giment : ici le 24e R.I.

- Insigne de la ville de Paris dont la devise est Fluctuat nec Mergitur

- Brevet d'initiation commando du 24e R.I.

Second one

- Paires de pattes d'?paules Mar?chal des Logis Volontariat Service Long indiqu? par le petit liser?

- Insigne de b?ret couleur argent pour l'arme du train avec le macaron blanc qui servait pour les d?fil?s

- Insigne du 1er R?giment du Train

- Insigne de commandement obtenu avec le grade de Mar?chal des Logis

- Insigne du Service Historique de l'Arm?e de Terre

- Brevet d'initiation commando du 24e R.I.

- M?daille de la D?fense Nationale bronze avec agrafe Train

Third one

In the center, the plaque is a non wearable medal. I received it for all I have done during two years in the Service Historique de l'Arm?e de Terre. On the reverse we can find my grade, my name and the date of my duty. It's not usual at all.

I'm very proud to show you my medals.

Here the paper for the Defense National medal

Regards

Christophe

My first unit was the 24e r?giment d'infanterie and when this unit was disolved in 1997, I was transfered in the 1st regiment du train.

Hello Christophe,

Yes, thanks for the pictures ! I have one question : what are the tasks or functions of a "r?giment du train" as opposed to an infantry regiment ?

Cheers,

Hendrik

Hi Hendrik,

The tasks of a Train unit are to help all the others units to realise their tasks, i.e logistic. I don't have all the clues here, so I will make some research. My job at this time is to work in a desk like a researcher. I've done this job for two years. I remember each time I want to do some military taskes, they said : "it's not your job here". That's life.

Regards

Christophe