News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

WS? EK2 Opinions Requested

Just recieved this EK2 today. The frame is good but the core has a little surface rust. No big deal. I bought it described as a WS marked example. When I look at the mark under a glass there is something else between the W and the S. Looking at the makers chart I use, I see there are a couple of other makers listed that this could be, such as WMS, W&S, Wu-S. Any ideas? It looks like a small u to me. Anyone have any experiences with this ? I'm keeping it either way.

Sounds about right. Different variations on the makers marks. Guess you could collect them all or just one depending on how far you want to take it. Is und German for and? If so that would explain the WuS mark. Where do I get this stuff for cleaning? Thanks

Ayup, und=and. You can get Boeshield at Sears or order it directly (see link in my 1st post). I prefer the squeeze bottle to the spray, as you don''t have to worry about overspray and it goes farther. A word of warning. If you're using it on mounted medals keep a piece of heavy paper between the medal and the ribbon til it's dry.