News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Recovered WWII Soviet tank

Hi all,

A friend just sent me this in an email. But I did a quick search and found a site... actually several, concerning this (do a search and you'll see what I mean). This is just amazing. I had done searches a few years ago and saw some of what was being recovered. Generally in terrible condition with only chassis or heavily damaged hulls and cupolas, etc. Or 8 ton half tracks which again were in awful condition for the most part. But this one... well, once they sprayed it off looked as if you could get in and simply drive it away. In fact, with very little effort that seems to be about what happened according to the article.

http://www.rense.com/general75/germ2.htm

Enjoy! :beer:

Dan :cheers:

• 3 months later...

Most likely the water was in an oxygen deficient state and therefore the degree of oxydation/rusting was greatly inhibited.

Borden Battery

Apparently his lake has no creek running into or out of it. This combined with it freezing over during winter would keep the water-borne soluble oxygen at a minimum, thus explaining the remarkable condition of the tank.

Regards;

Johnsy