News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Any SOS Finds?

Scott

Did you pick up anything at the SOS? I found the ribbon bar below for $25. One of the sellers found a Maybaur-marked Spanish pilot wing for his own collection (whish I'd seen it first), and another had found a nice 3-place medal bar with LW Long Service, Spanish White military service cross, and SCW campaign medal (the seller was away from his table, so I don't know if it was for sale or not).

Scott

Guest Rick Research

That's a VERY nice Tabby Back, Scott! :jumping:

Was it a day trip for you? Figuring in gas etc etc... what did that REALLY end up costing? :speechless1::cheeky: I know, "write off" all that as just part of the entertainment. But it's TOO far for us up here on the edges of "global warming" glaciation to be able to just shrug off the travel and lodging, and definitely the WRONG time of year for us too. If only they'd hold this in April.... :banger:

Rick - yes, this is 'entertainment' for me now that I've retired from the military :cheers: (I had little time for such frivolities while on active duty :violent: ). I drove out Friday morning and returned Sat afternoon. I had about $130 in travel expences (gas, hotel, parking, show entry, food, etc.). As this was just one of several items I picked up at the show, I stilll think it was a bargain!

Cheers.

Scott