News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help with info on a Navy flag officer

At the SOS, I picked up a really neat miniature presentation dagger to a Navy General Major Terenti Maksimovich Zubov in 1952. I know that from January through May 1945 he was Commander of the Coastal Defenses for Seskaro (Leningrad area). In 1967, he was in the reserves and Chief of the Tallinn Section of Soviet War Veterans. He did a couple random things in the 1980s (published a book review and was head of the Military Science Society of the Tallinn Officers Club) and was awarded the Nakhimov 2nd. (Info thanks to Biographical Directory of Flag Rank Soviet & Russian Naval Officers, 1917-1999).

Does anyone else have any info on his career? Or perhaps a photo of him? I'm going to see if I can get his service history or other info from the archives, but being a naval officer, I'm not counting on it.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Dave

P.S. Yes, before you ask I will post a picture up later! :rolleyes:

Is the little one maker marked too? Never seen one before! :beer:

The little guy isn't maker marked at all. At first, I thought it was a custom-made one-off piece as I've never seen one before (yes, hard to imagine, but...) :cheeky: , but I talked to one of the big Russian dealers and he told me that he's seen about three of them in the past 15 years, all of them awarded to flag/general officers, just like the full sized presentation ones. I saw it and just fell in love with it - it's really just a super piece!

Dave