News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ribonbar front & back details

Some of these may be good, but some look suspicious:

- 5th row: This one is a put-together fake. The combination and precedence are totally off.

- bottom row: Suspicious combination. Too many Third Reich awards: police, party, Olympics, Social Welfare, West Wall and KVK. Theoretically possible, but suspicious.

At least the ones in row #3 and #4 have suspicious combinations as well. And - the constructions are the same as the bottom row and others. Which I'm afraid casts serious doubt on the whole group of bars.

Chris

Edited by webr55

Chris is right with his suspicion. You have to post single closeups of the ribbonbars, especially of the one in row 6, which is together with the 3 place bar in the top row the only ones, which are good in my opinion. I don?t have very much hope for all the others.

Naoki, post the closeups in THIS thread please and don?t start a seperate one for every ribbonbar. You can do this by just clicking the reply-button somewhere in this thread and add the pictures here. Thank you.

all the best,

Gerd

Edited by Gerd Becker

Guest Rick Research

The only real one I have circled at top right:

The metal individual tabs backed one with the X on front is a nonsense combination of parts, possibly original as PARTS, but assembled from multiple ribbons bars since these make no sense and could not have been awarded to one person.

The ones with X on back are all classic 1990s Ohio parts frauds, hand made entirely out of hand cut brass backings, with exposed pin hinges, wrong felt backing, and hand cut catches. I have marked the one which has impossible awards to a senior officer and junior enlisted man.

I can not tell if the Bavarian style ribbon bar, marked with a ? is fake but there should be no X on the Mecklenburg ribbon and I am fairly certain that one is fake too. It is difficult to tell from the scans.

ANY HAND MADE CATCH LIKE THIS IS IMMEDIATE EVIDENCE OF A FAKE:

as is this grotesque squashed fake EK Spange:

notice that the wings are not straight.

Brass is almost never used as a backing on original German ribbon bars, so when you see a brass backing, brass pin, and a crudely hand made catch like the above, do not buy!