News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello everyone!

I am looking information about this medal? How common it is and is it possible to get ribbon for that (even repro)?

This coin on the right is same size as EU 10 cents.

9657263_4pWP.jpg

9657253_Pfwq.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Hello everyone!

I am looking information about this medal? How common it is and is it possible to get ribbon for that (even repro)?

This coin on the right is same size as EU 10 cents.

Thanks for looking!

Hallo Noor, :cheers:

Welcome to the Forum, I believe that your medal is a commerative / patriotic piece and not one that would have been issued to a soldier, the ribbon ring being the giveaway, normaly they were threaded to a piece of ribbon in the Prussian colours of red, white and black.

I attach a picture of a similar piece, patriotic medals were sold to raise funds, to commemorate past wars, and as unofficial Regimental items.

They were made in the thousands, particularly as WW1 progressed, many were made in zink, but earlier pre-WW1 pieces were made in the new wonder metal of the day, Aluminum!! :speechless1:

Kevin in Deva (originaly from Castlebar, Co.Mayo.) :beer: (I hope you had a good Paddy's Day.)

Hi Noor and Kev,

This weekend I just picked up one of these medals as well as 20 other medals, mostly Imperial German. The medal I have has the same obverse but a different reverse. The medal ring has been twisted to accomodate the ribbon ring. The ribbon is not the correct one I am sure. Most of the medals that I got this weekend have either this ribbon or the WW I black and white EK II ribbon.

The dealer told me this medal makes reference to the 44th Regiment. I don't know if this is true as I have not researched any of these new additions yet.

Cheers :cheers:

Brian

Hello Noor,

actually I it's a commemorative coin/medal for 1888 when Kaiser Wilhelm II came to power.

Not official for wearing, I believe yours is for soldiers.

I have this one and a variant(civil) in my collection.

They are very common, yours is genuine.

don't know what kind of ribbon it should but I guess what Kevin says, the German tri-color one.

don't know Brians one, havent seen one with that backside before but I do think is information is correct for his one(commemorative for a regiment?).

here's a picture of the variant:

wilhelmpmy2.jpgwilhelmp2yd2.jpg

Edited by Roeland

Hi Noor and Kev,

The ribbon is not the correct one I am sure. Most of the medals that I got this weekend have either this ribbon or the WW I black and white EK II ribbon.

The dealer told me this medal makes reference to the 44th Regiment. I don't know if this is true as I have not researched any of these new additions yet.

Cheers :cheers:

Brian

Hallo Brian :cheers:

it looks like a typical un-official Regiments medal, the ribbon is the 1870-71 Franco-Prussian War ribbon for the Combatants medal, later this ribbon was hi-jacked for the 1934 Hindenberg Cross of honour for Combatant and Non-Combatant of WW1.

There are many and varid German patriotika, regimental and commemorative medals out there and it would be easy to amass a great collection at a relative low price.

Who knows it might be reason to look for a special catagory to be created for these items at a future date :unsure:

Kevin in Deva