News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

There's Some Things Very Strange About Comrade General Puzik!

Guest Rick Research

Guest Rick Research

No it is NOT Rush Limbaugh!

File photo attested 4 December 1963:

closer

How MANY Strange Things? :rolleyes:

Dear Rick,

General Puzik had been a rather important rocket-general around 1960 in the CCCP.

He uses a highly interesting device - a second sheet of cloth - for wearing his screwbacks. So he avoides the holes in his uniform - clever guy ;) .

Comrade Puzik received nice awards during the GPW :D .

Best regards :beer:

Christian

He uses a highly interesting device - a second sheet of cloth - for wearing his screwbacks. So he avoides the holes in his uniform - clever guy ;) .

He used so much cloth though for around his awards where I personally think it looks silly! He'd have been better off with simply making the holes for his awards (in my opinion).

His awards look like someone jacked him up though... His two RBs are out of order, and more interestingly, given that his second row is out of order, he swapped his Victory over Germany with his Warsaw medal! Oy!

Dave

He used so much cloth though for around his awards where I personally think it looks silly! He'd have been better off with simply making the holes for his awards (in my opinion).

His awards look like someone jacked him up though... His two RBs are out of order, and more interestingly, given that his second row is out of order, he swapped his Victory over Germany with his Warsaw medal! Oy!

Dave

Dear Dave,

maybe he had only ONE jacket - who knows - and his mother told him, not to make holes ;)

It seems, that our young rocket-general hadn't been an expert in Soviet phaleristics :cheeky: .

Best regards :beer:

Christian

BTW: There is a new group in the GMIC-communist-section :D .

What isn't strange?

the OGPW/NEVKSY/SUVOROV sequence - we've seen that bungled up before!!

the ORB 2/ORB 1 sequence - now that is a new one to me on photo!

the Warsaw ribbon with the Victory over Germany medal and ..... needless to say the Victory over Germany ribbon with the Warsaw medal - Guess its confusing when you are mounting them on a 5 piece kolodka ....

Funnily enough if I came across the medals without having seen the photo, the warsaw and germany medals would make me smell a rat.... that was not there!

So if as a little exercise I'd have to sit wit Tovarish General Puzik over some warm chai, I may be tempted to humbly point out the following:

Right breast:

Suvorov / Nevsky/ OGPW/ Red Stars

Left breast:

ORB1 / ORB2 / MM / MM (in order of award)/ Defence of the Caucauses /Defence of Soviet Polar region/ Victory over Germany /Capture of berlin/ Liberation of warsaw

As for that unsightful patch on the right breast ........... please drop it!!!

Of course, it is most probable that if I walked out of our afternoon tea session I may be sent straight to Siberia to freshen my thoughts!!

Jim :cheers:

Guest Rick Research

Yup, don't know whether the "towel" under those stars or the mixed-and-matched medals are weirder annnnnnd,

even if this was an OLD photo turned in for the file (16 Republics button clear next to the medal bars)...

where is at least his 1948 Jubilee Medal, if not also the 1958? He CAN'T have been discharged in 1947 but then decked himself out in the M1954 dress uniform and STILL got his medals WRONG.

Oh. I was forgetting.

He DID get them wrong. :catjava::cheeky:

It never ceases to amze me what a messy, non-regulation clutter of awards in wear seems more the norm than not.