News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

EK2 2nd class #20 real or fake

Hi Guys:

Here's one not see often at all, mm #20 C.F.Zimmermann. What are your thoughts most collectors haven't seem one. I personally like it, close to the vaulted frame ek 1 but not exact. I'm not sure what this means just my personnel observation.

Maker mark not centered so it makes a little more difficult to examime. Does anyone have one of these for comparision. How about it Bill Garvy. Appreciated

Edited by RICK SCHMID

Thank you for your kind words, Rick, but I don't have a"20" in 2nd Class. I would agree with you though; the cross looks good. I thought it could be a "20", or perhaps a mis-stamped "25". . .

If it is a "20", it is a rare piece indeed, and the first one I have seen!

Thanks Guys

For the response. My personal feelings are that the cross looks good ,but the only frame that I could see to come close for comparision was mm #137 or #138 can't remember. Someone on another forum indicated that Godet & Zimmernann were very close with their design, however I don't know, nor was he positive since #20 have not been seen at least by him or I. I guess we'll have to wait until one surfaces whenever that is. Currently working on 2 more unseen acquisitions. I will keep you posted.

Edited by RICK SCHMID

• 3 months later...

To reanimate this older thread-I bought the best parts of a good '39 EK2 collection(about 20 EKs) and one of them is a "20".

When I'm back home today I will take some photos(I really need a new scanner...)

Micha