News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

what kind of tunic? long wool coat

hello,

could anybody tell me what kind of coat it is.

It's a long dark coat, with 2 rows of 6 buttons in each row.

on the shoulder there have been shoulderboards but they have been removed.

it's a long coat, not a waffenrock.

thanks for any info

coatrd8.jpg

Edited by Roeland

thank you for the info,

the seller offered this coat as a Bavarian Cavalry coat from around the 1900's.

I asked him about the color from the piping, he reacted very agressive as if I had uncoverd him(but I didn't make any accusation what so ever, just asked about the piping).

I gave him the information that it possibly could be a Feuerwehr or Reichsbahn coat, and ment it friendly to help him sell the object, he picked it up differently.....

He became furious, he changed his auction text and put my name in it as a liar! and said something about Dutch people in genuine.

just reading his words, even for other bidders, it sounded like he was a very angry and agressive man.

He blamed me that the bids in the auction weren't higher, he though I had told every bidder it wasn't a cavalry coat.

Which I absolutely didn't, I just didn't bid on his auction and asked him about the coat.

the bidding was at 100 euro I believe, but he posted some messages in which he didn't sound that friendly at all, but did not explain the situation that I had asked about the piping and it could be a feuerwehr coat etc. he was just creating a fight of it in his auction which no one else understood.

Well, the other bidders started to leave soon after that, they called back their bids.

The bidders that kept on bidding, well; he threw them of himself and told them he had to do it because I reported him as a con.

He screwed up himself, if he didn't act that furious and didn't changed his auction, he'd have 100 euro or more now from someone that did buy it as an imperial cavalry coat....

again, thanks for the information so I didn't buy it as an old cavalry coat and would have made a big mistake buying it, especially from this man!

it even gets funnier!

he's kicking the dog as they call it I believe, he just send me an email saying he hates al Belgians, Dutch and French while they always tell him what he sells and screw up his auctions.

he also said this: wir kennen uns nicht aus und hatten nur einen verdacht, was es sein k?nnte

translated: he didn't knew what they where selling and just guessed what is could be.

he also gave me advise: I speak bad German and shouldn't respond to his items in the future if he doesn't know what it is.

well I don't know either, but I just asked, no reason to flip I'd say.

Edited by Roeland

Hi Roeland,

Wow! :speechless1: Sorry you had to go through all that. It's amazing how strange some folks can be. Get uptight for no reason at all. :(

Could you post his info so others can avoid him in future? Sounds as if he's not the type of seller any of us would like to deal with.

Many thanks! :beer:

Dan :cheers:

The coat has a few similarities to an early style military overcoat, but in general, it is not even close. I suspect the seller was getting defensive because he had guessed at the identification. I think Rick is right in that it is not a military coat.

Chip

it's rosamariaz123,

he is an antiques dealer

I looked it up, as the name sounded familiar from his email-address, I already bought many items in the past from his shop.

like this large plate, so called genuine from the 19th century he was told by experts (but when I got it it was not), just a plate which one might had in it's wall next to the front-door of his house, and not that old at all, it was post-ww2.

(it also looks older in the pictures as it is, it's just iron, painted dark black, in the picture is has bit of an antique colored view).

However, it had only costed me 12,55 euro+shipping, and he had packed it very well in a blanket, so no bad buy there, I have it at the front door of my collection now.

a4631bn2.jpg

Had no problem before as well with other items which I got from him.

He was always ''short'' in speaking, but always traded correct and packed items good for shipping.

Don't know what got in to the guy this time, but I can't really bother about it.

Edited by Roeland