News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hummmm.... besides the Prussian PLM ... What is the "sleeper" ODM that those in the know consider to be the best "investment" in the future?????

I have collected several items, but my interest has always been in just the personal satisfaction and not on future return. If I gain or loose is not relevent..... in my life time.

But. in the rarified air of significant expenditures where does one go????? Where have you gone???

Between you and me.... I sort of like the Ernestine Order... but then again .... what do I know??

Rod

Guest Rick Research

Saxe-Weimar White Falcon Merit Crosses with Swords.

Lippe-Detmold Honor Crosses... any old grade.

Youze has been warned. Just wait until the award numbers are Out There. :rolleyes::catjava:

Tragically, while doing all the rolls work that guarantees pricing myself out of the running :banger: I can NOT afford to "invest."

So I buy what I like.

And can afford.

GREAT answer Rick!!!

Sometimes things cannot be answered in $$$$.... but then again... why do we collect????? ohhhhhh what a subject I am opening......

Rod

Edited by Rod

Hi,

Don't forget Bavarian Military Max Joseph knight cross and higher. Only with number on the ring of course (for the identification).

Regards

Christophe

Ahhhh those Max Joseph's are already priced to the moon. Even without the number they should be desirable as I recollect they were given to foreigners that way, many were for the Napoleonic campaigns, it is odd why the Bavarians did not number them on the ring as well. If I'm wrong down this line, somebody please correct me.

Sincerely

Yankee

Hi,

The Bavarian Chancellerie gave the order to put a number on the ring only bu roayl decree in may, the 27th 1840.

Before this date, all the cross were without numbers on the ring. A lot of them were given to French officer. In the French Museum of L?gion d'Honneur there is a knight cross which ribbon is lined with ribbon of L?gion d'Honneur.

The photo is from the Blondel's book : Ordres des Etats de l'Allemagne Imp?riale

Regards

Christophe

Hi,

The Bavarian Chancellerie gave the order to put a number on the ring only bu roayl decree in may, the 27th 1840.

Before this date, all the cross were without numbers on the ring. A lot of them were given to French officer. In the French Museum of L?gion d'Honneur there is a knight cross which ribbon is lined with ribbon of L?gion d'Honneur.

The photo is from the Blondel's book : Ordres des Etats de l'Allemagne Imp?riale

Regards

Christophe

Hi Christophe

Thank you for setting the record straight there is some false information out there. Many people shy away from the Max Joseph when there is no number to be found in the ribbon ring, thus suspect. Not to long ago I saw one offered by auction with old rosette on frayed ribbon ummarked possibly Napoleonic & seemed of excellent quality like the one pictured. I guess it would be safe to say that all the German States Allied to Napoleon were manufactured in France as well & it would be a bit difficult to tell them apart quality wise.

Sincerely

Yankee

Hi,

Regards

Christophe

Hi again

Another French influenced ribbon

Sincerely

Brian