News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Researching the Soviet Order for Service . . .

In the latest -- 52, 2 (March-April 2007) -- Journal of the Orders and Medals Society of America:

"Researching the Soviet Order for Service to the Home;land in the Armed Forces of the USSR 3rd Class". Written by some chap named Dave Schwind.

Well done, Dave!! :beer::jumping:

Thanks Ed! Hopefully this article will be of use to other collectors, in both increasing the interest in research as well as dispelling certain myths that exist about this award.

Dave

P.S. Have you been getting my PMs? I wonder if the PM system is down again?

Though I found it absolutely amazing that, despite what the text says, they show the picture of Koldunov rather than Kravchenko. A serious editing problem, Dave??

See: http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=6207&hl=kravchenko

Since I have Kravchenko's group (but not, alas, Koldunov's!), here is Kravchenko (before he got his "crab").

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Ed-

Good catch! Figure 2 was not supposed to be referenced in the text - I don't know how it made it in there to begin with! Oy! Ah well... I think folks can figure it out. Still a pretty good article in "original" territory if I might say so..... :rolleyes:

Dave

Ed-

Good catch! Figure 2 was not supposed to be referenced in the text - I don't know how it made it in there to begin with! Oy! Ah well... I think folks can figure it out. Still a pretty good article in "original" territory if I might say so..... :rolleyes:

Dave

Yes, Dave, an EXTREMELY good article despite this. The last piece I published in JOMSA suffered from severe late editing, after I'd seen the final proofs, which rendered parts of the piece gibberish. The editing needs to be more professional.

Arizona must be somewhere near the end of the earth. I still haven't received my OMSA journal yet but it looks like everyone else has.

Howdy to everyone - long time no see!

Doug

Their distribution is very very sloppy, randomly bizarre.