News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Communist Hungarian Party in the USA

In one of my treks to the local antique book store, I like to look for the little propoganda booklets that were handed out to the workers. What I found one time was some very interesing items. These books date from the 1920's - but that is just a rough guess as there is no publishing date (they were timeless??) This one is a more disturbing one for me - "the Religion of Capitalism", the book speaks of the Christian faith as a propogator of such evil...

This is on the back of one of the other books - it give the details of where to find the bookstore. These little booklets are interesitng as they were printed in the USA by a chapter of the Communist Party in the USA (I would guess) for Hungarians. The bookstore is never refered to as an English name - "A MUNKAS" (the Worker) so my suspicion would be that the sign out front was in Hungarian. Another speculation is if someone from the Bela Kun - Hungarian Soviet Republic of 1919 - who escpaed Horhty and the National Army, went to America to continue the fight (many of teh Kun government fled to the safe havens of Moscow during that time)

Edited by hunyadi