News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Expert advice needed please!

Hi Gents, I'm really in need of some expert input regarding this 1870 EK2. I would rather throw is open to comments from people more knowledgeable than me, than throw money away if it's a fake.

thanks in advance for your help!

Jason

Hi Gents, I'm really in need of some expert input regarding this 1870 EK2. I would rather throw is open to comments from people more knowledgeable than me, than throw money away if it's a fake.

thanks in advance for your help!

Jason

Jason

It's very hard to make out the core detail from these pics, but the finish on your piece is all wrong - shiny black paint is not good criteria in an 1870 EK2. While it might not be an outright fake, at the very least it has been repainted.

What's more, whereas Alex's is a one-looker, your example will always require analysis and explanation. I choose not to include pieces in my collection that require ANY amount of persuasion and would encourage you to build a collection based on the same principals.

You will pick up a bone-fide example (like Alex's) for around 400 -600 euro. If you are looking for advice, I would firmly suggest you do that.

Marshall

Edited by Biro

Thanks for all the input gents. I'm in no rush to purchase one, I just need it to restore an 1870 medal bar. I think I'll pass on this one and wait for something closer to Alex's!

thanks again

Jason