News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guns as promised

bsweeney

Jokka and Paul

It is an Arminius model 10; by Friedrich Pickert, Zella St Blasii (till 1919) and then Zella-Mehlis. it is a 7.65 mm auto; pocket mammerless five shot revolver.

Thank's for asking.

Bill

Edited by bsweeney

Quite intresting at first I thought it was a model with a built in hammer shroud, but reading futher down I relised I was wrong. Thanks for the picture always nice to see something different.

Thank you for sharing. Was this an official side arm of a military or police?

I got a great idea! Since this is a discussion forum and frankly I am not sure of the military usage for a gun like this, if any. Let me describe it ?best I can? and open it to debate as to its possible usage. This revolver is well made, is hammerless, fires a round comparable to a Walther PPK, and is SMALLER than the PPK. Does this description suggest anything to anyone? One more point; it would have been less expensive than the Walther PPK!

Lets hear from someone!

Edited by bsweeney

Those are the popular "Velodog type" guns. Dozens of even hundreds of types of these were made by many facories. Small pocket guns, I think the original idea was defense against dogs and etc. Small pocket toy. I think these were sold even at fairs.

Those are the popular "Velodog type" guns. Dozens of even hundreds of types of these were made by many facories. Small pocket guns, I think the original idea was defense against dogs and etc. Small pocket toy. I think these were sold even at fairs.

This is not a Vele-Dog it is really classified as a pocket bulldog... most Vele or Velo-Dogs do have enclosed hammers and also folding triggers. The principal feature distinguishing Velo-Dogs from other revolver types is its elongated cylinder, chambered either for the slender 5.5mm center-fire Velo-Dog cartridges (sometimes known as '5.75mm') or a similar 6mm rimfire 'Type Francaise'. This gun, the Arminius Model 10 chambers a 7.65mm auto round same as a Walther PPK or Colt Pocket hammerless.