News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi

In a local show I found two new ribbon bars. Both for officer. Not a great ribbon bar but very nice for me.

First one :

Iron cross 2nd class

Knight cross of Hohenzollern with X

Cross of Honour with X

Long service cross, or reserve service cross

Austrian commemorative medal for WW1 with X

Hungarian commemorative medal for WW1 without X (??? why)

Bulgarian commemorative medal for WW1 without X (??? why)

For me this bar may belonged to a reserve officer during WW1, there is no Centenary medal. I think it's untracable.

Christophe

The other ribbon bar

Iron cross 2nd class

Mecklemburg Schwerin second clas Military Merit medal

Hanseatic cross of Hamburg

Red Eagle 4th class

Centenary medal

For me this bar may belonged to a Captain (with the Red Eagle and Centenary medal). If there is no long service medal the explanation is this officer died during the war.

Regards

Christophe

• 1 month later...
    Guest Rick Research

:beer: How about the big Polizei "penguin?" Does that match any of the types already posted?

I've just got these bars made by Godet with SCHICKLE Wehrmacht eagles on the lower one, and another to the same officer with the normal little straight flat kind of eagles, so I guess they must have bought some devices rather than making all their own.

But they were still using their distinctive pin and pale gray backing into WW2...

which surprised me!

Guest Rick Research

:speechless1: More like Sesame Street's Big Bird than a penguin! :speechless1::cheers:

I think we should start a thread over in the Third Reich section someplace about ribbon bars with Imperial AND Thrid Reich long service awards. the Imperial ones should come first, but are often last like on yours. I've got quite a mix of them too.

OK, I started one. Those poor zinkys have no idea how :love: OUR stuff is. :catjava: --

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=19290&hl=