News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Please help identifying polish airforce officer

Hello Gerd,

It is Lt. Gen. (later full Gen.) Longin Lozowicki, Air Defense Forces Commander (1977-1990). The photo must have been taken between 1978 (Lozowicki's promotion to Lt. Gen.) and 1984 (Koldunov's promotion to Air Chief Marshal), probably in the early 1980s.

Note Gen. Lozowicki's wound badge above the upper row of his ribbons.

Hope it will help. :)

Best regards,

Lukasz

PS: where did you get the photos?

Edited by Lukasz Gaszewski

Hello Lukasz, you are the man! :jumping: Thank you very much for the ID of Lt.Gen. Lozowicki. These pictures are part of a photo-album of Koldunov?s visit in 1984 the "Granit-84". I haven?t been able to find out, what that was exactly.

Here is the dedication in the album. May i ask you for your help with the correct translation?

Thanks again, very much appreciated!

regards,

Gerd

Glad I was able to assist. The dedication in the album reads:

To Comrade Marshal A.J. Koldunov

As a memory of his stay

with Country's Air Defense Forces

on the occassion of the "Granit-84" training.

I'd like to ask you something: I am thinking of writing an entry about Gen. Lozowicki in Polish wiki. It is a good quality photo of his in full glory. Can I use it as an illustration?

A real fantastic acquisition indeed! Could you please post some other photos from the album?

Lukasz