News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medal for Saving Life From Drowning

Guest Darrell

Guest Darrell

Haven't added much to my collection from these parts for a while. This is one I've been meaning to pickup now for quite some time.

I took a look around and did some searching but haven't seen any posted here before. So, if you want to add yours to this thread you are welcome. Unfortunately it isn't documented, but it's one of those medals with no serial numbers and I don't usually go for pairs with no proof they are an actual match or not.

Obverse:

Guest Darrell

Still missing in my collection, but now far too expensive :( .

Best regards :beer:

Christian

I concur. This one hurt the pocket book ... but what doesn't these days :rolleyes:

Guest Darrell

Nice one, mate. :beer: But where?s the document? :speechless1:;)

Unfortunately not one. But they cost all most as much as the medal ! And that isn't cheap :unsure:

Guest Darrell

I know, Darrel. Just teasing you. ;) Alexei wants 320 Dollar for a doc :speechless1:

Yep, that would hurt. If the medal and document were serial numbered where you could be more positive that they were in fact a tru matching set, I may have gone that route. But they don't so I passed.

Have you got one Gerd? Please post if so :jumping:

Yep, that would hurt. If the medal and document were serial numbered where you could be more positive that they were in fact a tru matching set, I may have gone that route. But they don't so I passed.

Have you got one Gerd? Please post if so :jumping:

Oh, no, i wish, i had one. But for 300 Dollar i could buy a nice group or half a dozen OGPW?s, so i will probably never own one of those :D

Guest Darrell

Oh, no, i wish, i had one. But for 300 Dollar i could buy a nice group or half a dozen OGPW?s, so i will probably never own one of those :D

Roger that.

I'm very surprised that no threads have EVER been started on this OR no-one else has one. :unsure:

Roger that.

I'm very surprised that no threads have EVER been started on this OR no-one else has one. :unsure:

Well, i don?t know many people, who have this medal. Although it is in my opinion an interesting an high ranking civilian medal, not too many seem to be interested in it, maybe mostly because of the high price. At least thats, what keeps me away from these. I think, Dave Schwind has a group on his website with a double award of this Medal.

Guest Darrell

Well, i don?t know many people, who have this medal. Although it is in my opinion an interesting an high ranking civilian medal, not too many seem to be interested in it, maybe mostly because of the high price. At least thats, what keeps me away from these. I think, Dave Schwind has a group on his website with a double award of this Medal.

Thanks Gerd. I'll take a look.

Present market realities :unsure:

Gentlemen,

taking the weak USD + the extraordinary fine "fresh-from-the-mint" quality of Darrell's "Medal for Saving Life from Drowning" into account, the price tag at a dealers website might get above USD 500,- :(:rolleyes: .

That medal is rare - I had never one in my hands - and, so I assume, well kept by their owners, because it's a very special medal.

To get a documented set with 2 of these medals + booklets, like Dave Schwind shows at his website, seems almost to be impossible.

Best regards :beer:

Christian

BTW: Igor shows one for USD 445,- http://www.collectrussia.com/DISPITEM.HTM?ITEM=13479

Guest Darrell

Well, I got mine from Alexei for $370 which seems to be a pretty decent price based on other dealers sites. The documents must rate up there with the vaery rare Orders, as they command a hefty sum almost the price of the medal itself.