News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Mark:

Yes, there is information available regarding the RAO awards. A listing exists for the early 1st and 2nd Class awards (to civilians and military personnel). Also, of course, rank lists show all awards to military personnel (including the 3rd and 4th classes). Do you have a particular individual in mind that you are trying to research?

Best regards,

"SPM"

Hello SPM,

Here is the question....... Under this thread http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1765...pid=175600&

we are discussing a Danish General.... and according to the award roles... it states that he was awarded the Albert the Bear Knights award... but in the picture of him... it looks more like a RAO 4th class.

There was also a discussion on this thread http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=18165 where the idea of the RAO came from..... (last medal on medal bar)

Soooooo........ any thioughts ?

Cheers

Mark

Edited by mravery

Hello again Mark:

Yes, it certainly does look like a RAO IV (although the photographic resolution is not good enough to be 100% certain). There are no listings that I know of for the HUGE amount of RAO IV last-type badges awarded. A Prussian Rangliste will do no good obviously and I know of no other listings which would include awards to foreign military personnel.

You will have to find a ranklist for Danish Officers if such a thing exists (not my cup of tea). Or, you may have to look in Danish who's who/peerage lists or other Danish geneological sources. Perhaps Tim Eriksen could be of some help?

Best regards,

"SPM"

Hey SPM,

Well..... Mike "Great Dane" already checked the Danish rank lists andthe who's who.... and they all say the Albert Bear......

BUT... his medal bar does not reflect this.. which is where the question has come from.....

Argggg........... :banger:

Cheers

Mark