News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Alex This is a spotters' badge you show. And very sorry sir but it is a stinker. There is only one maker of these, it should have a seriel number and the attaching pin plate is wrong as well. Others can chime in as well. Cheers Robert

Alex,

Robert has hit the nail on the head with this one. What gives it away in this case is the pin retaining plate, these small oval types with clipped ends are only seen on post war badges.

It is also generally accepted with these particular badges that the only maker was J. Preissler, Pforzheim. They were all numbered but no higher then five digits.

Cheers

Don

Hello and Thanks for your comments. Sorry though.

It was a request made on behalf of friend of mine, but I myself became curious about these type of tinnies.

as far, as I caught this Badge can be attributed to the RLB- unit recon. pilot ?

is it rare piece ? are there some issued to others ranks ?

Will be great to have a look at others.

Thanks again.

Good Luck.

Alex.

PS: the added images told everything itself. Great looking. Thanks for sharing

Alex,

This is part of the Luftwaffenhelferinnenschaft early warning air-defence system. This unit badge was issued to the women responsible for Aircraft observation, identification and direction of aircraft and reporting with the use of radar, searchlights,binoculars and hearing apparatus. Here is a photo of the badge as it was worn.