News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

These are two letters from 1943

Guest Rick Research

I'vge never seen Soviet Field Post before. One thing strikes me--

no "passed by censor" stamps!

I suppose servicemen in all armies soon learned what would go through and what wouldn't--so they just didn't write anything that would get inked out.

But the stamp is usually still there to show the Censor was at least supposedly doing HIS job. My family's are stamped, from the American army.

I am sorry for my bad translation

The first letter

Dear Vladimir Sergeevich ,

it is very a pity that you do not write to me ,why you badly concern to me. I have left for Tashkent. Soon I shall leave for the Uzbek mountain village. I there worked in the past to year. I shall work 2 мonth .But I can and will be late Why you do not write to me. I shall be very glad if you write to me. In Tashkent today late spring. Apple-trees and apricot trees blossom. The winter in it to year was very much cold.To live here I do not want. This question is solved. I do not wish to change Moscow for Tashkent. How are you doing-if all well write.

Tashkent street Ogorodnaja 4, Institute UzNIIVOS. For me

The second letter

14.11.43.Hi dear Kira Vladimirovna,

you are mistaken speaking, that I have forgotten you. You are mistaken Your letter has made bad mood . Your letter is not the answer to my letter. I have congratulated you on a holiday, but you have not answered .You should receive my other letter in October .

Further in the letter very bad handwriting .

.........We have released Zhitomir. How are you doing at Vladimir. Probably also goes forward. It is very glad. It is ready to kiss you.

Yours faithfully M. Sokolov.

• 2 months later...

One more sample of the letter from 43 .Other post envelope.. Other soldier.

Here is one of my WW2 letter... not on nice decorated paper like Sergey's ones, but still interesting.

Edited by matteti

Here is one of my WW2 letter... not on nice decorated paper like Sergey's ones, but still interesting.

Written 11 February 1944 by Alexei Nikolayevich Ipatov to his wife Ekatarina Antonovna Ipatova in Leningrad. Ipatov who is now fighting more than 100km from Leningrad has well recovered from his wound. He writes that he was lucky that the bullet went near the top of his head. Otherwise, if it went lower, he would not be alive. His unit is progressing very rapidly and the 'Fritzes' (Germans) are running away so quickly that they can almost not get them. But when they surround and catch them, they are resisting fiercely.

Written 9 June 1945 by Boris Emanuilovich Labkovekiy to his daughter Lida Borisovna Labkovekoy in Dniepropetrovsk to congratulate her for getting the "Best Worker of Sanitary Service" badge. Also discuss of arrangements for her to visit him in Dvinsk (now Daugavpils, Latvia).

Sorry for the very poor quality... I had to resize it with Microsoft Editor... I am not on my regular computer and don't have other tools.