News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dear "Usairforce",

when the ring is part of the medal, that means, that he is not soldered on the medal, then I would say, your medal is a nice exampel of a late version :D .

The medal is struck and not casted, the details are good and the expression on the faces of the sailor & naval infantry man are also perfect.

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Dear Jens,

yes, without doubt, that's a very fine Sevastopol Medal Var. 2 :D .

Attention: There are big and easy visible differences (picture in the centre of the naval infantrist and sailor) in the design of a Sevastopol Var. 1 vs. Sevastopol Var. 2 :jumping: .

I have only a Sevastopol Var. 1 in my collection ... :(

There you see a Var. 2 at Igor's website - also in mint condition: http://www.collectrussia.com/DISPITEM.HTM?ITEM=16658

Christian

• 6 months later...

Dear Marcelo,

looks like a (extraordinary well preserved!) version 1 of that medal. Usually V1 of that medal shows more wear.

The ring seems to be soldered to much to the left side (out of the center), but that can happen.

At least - due to crisp details - the medal is strucked and not casted.

Christian

It would like the opinion on that medal:

sevas1.jpg

sevas2.jpg