News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Have you ever had that one item you really liked but was out of your so called "collecting field?" I have always loved one German WWI poster ever since I saw it in one of my first photo books of WWI as a kid (I think it was Time-Life ... not sure) Anyway I happened to see the poster years ago at Bill Shea's where is was not for sale. Reciently someone at the WAF posted a photo of Bill's showroom and there it still was. I wrote Bill and long story short---A BOX HAS ARRIVED!! :)

And here it is! I never thought I would get a real copy of this poster. "Help us Win" by Fritz Erler, date 1917! I need to make sure the wires on the back are sturdy enough to hang then up it goes!

I love the scene of this photo. The lone soldier stairing off into what is probably no-mans land. He doesnt look clean, bright, or happy. His gasmask is at the ready and two grenades are in easy reach. A real down to earth poster rather than some of the more patriotic ones you see -- I think only the French posters come close to the kind of emotion this poster must have generated.

Anyway, enjoy!

(Thanks again Bill!!!) :)

Edited by Chris Liontas

• 2 weeks later...

Anywhere online I can pick up a reproduction of this poster? I was once able to convince a friend of mine to let me get a copy made of his original, but the guy moved off before I could borrow it. He took his ME-262 with him to, and I never got to see it. :( Still regret missing out on that oppurtunity.

TS Allen

Anywhere online I can pick up a reproduction of this poster? I was once able to convince a friend of mine to let me get a copy made of his original, but the guy moved off before I could borrow it. He took his ME-262 with him to, and I never got to see it. :( Still regret missing out on that oppurtunity.

TS Allen

Imperial War Museum in London sell them, Paul