News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Photo from today's fleamarket.

pfarrer1.jpg

Detail of the medal bar:

pfarrer1a.jpg

From left the Bavarian War Merit cross, IC 2nd class, the 14-18 cross and ???

And what is the cross below the bar ? A Red-Cross decoration ?

Interestingly the card was written by a priest of this group from Dachau in 1942.

pfarrer1b.jpg

A death-card from same fleamarket:

sb-mutter.jpg

Just to be sure - she has the Mutterkreuz and the 14-18 cross for widows, right ?

Kind regards

Robert

Guest Rick Research

The happy Reverend photo must date from 1934/35 since he has his Bavarian Military Merit Order 4X in front of the EK2.

Fourth is a bronze Rupprecht Medal, given out in the 1920s for rewarding "K?nigstreu" types--quite scarce. The last medal is probably the Hiungarian WW1 Commemorative Medal.

I've GOT one of those Bavarian Kriegerbund crosses... somewhere. Don't think I ever scanned it. Pale blue enamel around the center, with a lion in the middle.

Fourth is a bronze Rupprecht Medal, given out in the 1920s for rewarding "K?nigstreu" types--quite scarce. The last medal is probably the Hiungarian WW1 Commemorative Medal.

More likely the iron medal for the 1918 jubilee, given in 1921 - as well to the "K?nigstreuen" ...

The happy Reverend photo must date from 1934/35 since he has his Bavarian Military Merit Order 4X in front of the EK2.

I've GOT one of those Bavarian Kriegerbund crosses... somewhere. Don't think I ever scanned it. Pale blue enamel around the center, with a lion in the middle.

Hi Rick :cheers: I would have thought the Hindenberg Cross of Honour for Combatant would date it to at least 1934 :P

Kevin in Deva :lol:

Guest Rick Research

Kev-- yup, but you see the Bavarian award having precedence dates it to that roughly 18 months possible period when a Hindenburg might have been received but before the Iron Cross was assigned its final primary position.