News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

These are MY 3 A.M. floor pacers...

can't find them...

names lost...

Rank Lists no help...

award rolls no use...

next to the bottom had to have been a naval zur See officer (or cadet) who was in the Kaiser's entourage on his state visit to Turkey in 1889 (last ribbon)... but had RETIRED BEFORE THE WAR and so "invisible."

The bottom one is missing a green enamelled Godet wreath which has fallen off the Baden Military Karl Friedrich Order-Knight ribbon in second place. You'd think Hesse, Anhalt, and Schaumburg-Lippe would narrow things down but nooooooooooo.

Hi Rick,

That's the nicest trapezoidal style ribbon bar I've seen. I've never seen one in this size, usually it's the "large" versions that are basically medal bars sans the medals. Also, what was the Mecklenburg award on this bar, seeing as he was a. d. before the war?

Regards,

Sam K.

Guest Rick Research

The naval officer must have been recalled for the war in a combatant position (and worn his Iron Cross ribbon from his buttonhole, not with the other ribbon bar awards which is quite strange).

Oddly enough, I've probably had these OTHER pieces from that same officer for years:

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the update on the trap. bar, the lack of an EK2 ribbon certainly is strange. One thing I've learned from the period pics posted on this forum is that things are not always what they seem or "incorrect" simply because " I've never seen one like that". Case in point is the current thread on the upside down swords.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for posting your trap. ribbon bar. It's a very nice example. It's also always good to have as many variants as possible for the old archives :D

Regards,

Sam

Guest Rick Research

Varaints.... Oh, wait until the Ribbon Bar Article is complete in the Militaria Database section. :catjava:

Guest Rick Research

That's true. And I have very authentic looking paperwork from the U.N. and the Vatican to prove it. :rolleyes:

You have so many, I forget whatchuz got. See any obvious missing devices from what's posted already over in the Militaria Database's Ribbon Bar Devices Gallery?

Start me a new Bob's Devices thread.

Remember: 96dpi and x500%, cropped Knights of Ni-cely. :catjava: