News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Iraqi insignia

Sivart

Brass and silver colored buttons, all with the Iraqi eagle symbol, the brass colored ones have a makers mark on the back, the letter "A"

Hello,

The brass ( gilt ) colored buttons are for the Army and the silver colored buttons are for the Policemen.

Bob

Misc insignia

Hello,

The insignia on the left and right side of the picture is for the Military College. They are used for the beret and collar devices depending on the fastening device on the back. The ones pictured were used from 1968-1982. The items in the center are unknown to me.

Bob

Thanks Dave, maybe you could read this patch, it is badly worn but perhaps recognizable.

Hello,

The item is a Military College (academy) arm patch. It was used from 1968-1982. The item in post # 3 ( badge ) and # 4 (arc ) all go together as a group.

I have some information on the Military Colleges from my friend in Iraq.

1st Military College is located South of Baghdad City and the oldest College founded in the 1930's.

2nd Military College is located East of Baghdad City and founded in the 1970's and 1980's.

3rd Military College is located Northwest of Baghdad City and founded in the 1980's.

The 1st Military College is still used. In Iraq,College and Academy refer to the same thing.

Bob

• 4 months later...

Thanks Dave, maybe you could read this patch, it is badly worn but perhaps recognizable.

I found me one of these patches as well for my collction: I would like to see what the back of yours looks like. Can you please post a picture of it.

Thank you

Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF