News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Iraqi insignia

Sivart

I picked these up during my first trip to Iraq in 2003. It looks like the two on the right bear the Saddam Fedayeen helmet, I really have no idea what they represent. I have other Iraqi army insignia, patches, helmets, I will post a few pics in hopes that anyone could shed some light on exactly what they represent.

#7 is another academy. The first word is al-kulliya, meaning academy or school, but I can't see all the rest of the second word.

#8 literally means "First Military Academy", but I don't know where that would be in the Iraqi military education system. "First" could mean a higher school, but could also mean an initial entry or cadet school. Or it could simply be Military Academy Nr. 1, with military schools being numbered like PS's in New York City.

Great collection you have there! Did you bring these things back from a deployment?

Thanks Paul, I did bring these back from my first trip to Iraq. I didn't bring back much the second time, just fond memories! :violent: I am certainly going to keep my eyes open this next time for a few things, I would love to get one of those Fedayeen helmets.

Thanks Paul, I did bring these back from my first trip to Iraq. I didn't bring back much the second time, just fond memories! :violent: I am certainly going to keep my eyes open this next time for a few things, I would love to get one of those Fedayeen helmets.

Good luck with the helmet. I think that all of those Darth Vader helmets were liberated by the first wave in '03. What are the odds of a third trip?

Paul

Good luck with the helmet. I think that all of those Darth Vader helmets were liberated by the first wave in '03. What are the odds of a third trip?

Paul

I've got a snowball's chance in Hell of not making a third trip! I just hope that I get to see a different part of Iraq this next time, getting kind of tired of Baghdad.

• 3 months later...

Thanks Dave, maybe you could read this patch, it is badly worn but perhaps recognizable.

Hello

I was wondering if you would like to sale your items, I would realy like to buy this patch off of you. my Baa'th Party patch is made the same as this one is. I will post a picture on the site for others to share.

Thank you

God Bless

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Another Patch

I realy did not buy any of the thin cloth patches while I was in Iraq, due to the cheap constuction and after the invasion made patches. They are made for less than a dollar, very cheap. But the first ING 2005 and ICDC 2003 unit patches I recieved as gifts while working on the MITTeam.

Thank you

God Bless

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

• 1 month later...

Here is a rare Baa'th Party Arm patch:

Hi Lorenzo,

as you see written in Arabic at bottom of this sleeve from right to Left " Al-Jeish Al-Sha-bi " which means " The Popular Army" which was the Militia of Baath's Party , at the top of this sleeve written in Arabic the emblem words of the party " Um-ma Arabeiy-yah Wahi-da Thatu Risala Khali-da" which means " One Arab Nation with an Immortal Mission" .

The political manners for Ba-ath Party and its Army did not project any of its emblem words, no Unity and no mission and no anything immortal ,only staying in Iraq till now the Destroying and Crime and Killing for Innocent Peoples everyday.

Thanx

• 2 months later...

I picked these up during my first trip to Iraq in 2003. It looks like the two on the right bear the Saddam Fedayeen helmet, I really have no idea what they represent. I have other Iraqi army insignia, patches, helmets, I will post a few pics in hopes that anyone could shed some light on exactly what they represent.

Sivart,

The two discs on the right side are collar insignia for the Military Engineering College.

Bob

Sivart,

The two discs on the right side are collar insignia for the Military Engineering College.

Bob

Bob - Thanks for the information, after reading some of your other posts it seems that you are well versed in this field of collecting. Any ideas about the insignia to the left of the engineering insignia?

Thanks - :cheers:

Edited by Sivart

Hello,

The disc on the left in post # 1 is a collar insignia . The translation is -

above: Military Academy

below: 1st Military College

Bob