News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Need some help on the hunt...

Hi all,

Was hoping some of my fellow members might be able to help me out. I'm on a working vacation down in north Florida not far from where I used to live. Been here since late May and won't be heading back till the end of the July.

I'm looking for any militaria shops, antique stores, flea markets or surplus stores that generally carry DDR, Soviet or Soviet block militaria, specially Orders, medals and badges... although other items are always nice as well.

I have access to lower Alabama and lower Georgia. I've just been up to Monroeville, Alabama and did manage to find MP Surplus not too far from Enterprise. But they're mostly uniforms and field gear. I'm hoping to get up to Moultrie Georgia as there are quite a number of antique shops up there. But no idea if they'll have anything like I'm looking for. Also looking to head over to Ft. Walton Florida before I head back and probably another trip up to Dothan at some point as well.

Anyhow I'm hoping some of ya'll might be able to help me narrow down my search and make it worth the time and gas to head out on the prowl. I'm certainly open to any kind of militaria but mostly trying to stay focused on my Soviet/Soviet block collection and with smaller item I can carry back (by train) instead of having to ship. But if something really good pops up at a great price I do have to ship some items up to the house so I can always add a small bit to the pile if need be.

Any help would be deeply appreciated. :beer:

Dan :cheers: