News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Panzer Assault in Bronze

Hello Gentlemen,

Well I just got my new (and only) Panzer Assault badge in Bronze in the mail a couple days ago from a respected online dealer. I love the amount of bronze finish remaining, it is in quite good shape and has only minor zinc oxidation. So I assume then this is a zinc alloy later war model but I do not know the maker of it. It seems the pin and catch set-up should lend some clues to you experts out there, as it has distinctive areas on the badge itself for the pins to be attached to. It is also slightly concave to give the impression of the tank coming out at you. Larry will post the pics when he has a chance for me (what a guy!) and then hopefully someone can help me out with identifying the maker of this great badge.

Also, a side question, did motorcycle troops receive the bronze PAB? or did they just get Infantry badges? From the description in Ailsby's book it does not mention motorcycle troops as recipients of the Panzer badge, but it seems like they might qualify to me. Any help on either of my queries or just some general remarks on its originality etc are greatly appreciated!

Cheers (and please be patient and look again when Larry gets a chance to post the pics, thanks!)

Pat

Thanks again Larry!

I also forgot to mention the pin is magnetic, which may help in determining a maker. Any info and opinions on the badge are much appreciated, as well as info on the motorcycle troops as mentioned above.

CHeers,

Pat

Hi Pat

I took the liberty to post your phot's on a different forum this moprning, and have already rec'd a reply:

"That is a good S&L with what I think is the last soldered on set-up variant before switching to the crimping method. KR

Philippe "

Edited by Laurence Strong

Thanks for doing that Larry! I take it S&L is Steinhauer and Luck from Ludenscheid and it appears to me mid-war period from the description. If anyone has further info on the badge please leave your comments, no tidbit of info is too small.

Cheers,

Pat