News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Sailor grouping

Hello all. I have been after a unnumbered BM and Combat service medal to complete two researched groupings I have. Anyway I noticed this on ebay with a few minutes left so I bid $40 and I won it. It has a Combat service medal and a V/japan with it came the award booklet and a picture which is old but It has those black lines so its an image of a photograph albeit old ? the name on the back in freehand seems the same as the booklet. The medals on the picture are a V/Japan, but is the other a Combat service medal? Both medals have new looking ally suspensions. Anyone know his name or read the name on his cap? Do you believe its a low end put together.Any and all comments welcome please cheers. Pete

DSCI0587.jpg

DSCI0590.jpg

DSCI0599.jpg

DSCI0600.jpg

DSCI0593.jpg

Guest Rick Research

Not sure what you mean about the photo.

The name is Konstanton Valentinovich Yemmikh (Emmich). Document for the VoJ on 20 August 1946 signed by a Colonel something (cannot read entire stamp from scan) Transbaikal Amur Military District.

Photo is Yefreiter of the Amur River Flotilla.

Thank you Rick. So the V/J award and pic match. So am I right in thinking it is a legitimate group? Re- the pic here is a bigger view.It is the black lines around the image. Thanks Pete