News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown award

Hello everbody
    My name is Filip
    My grandfather was a photographer. I found this award and document, but I didn't find any info about it on the net. I actually just want to know what the criteria for this award was
    So any info would be great

Thanks for looking
    All the best
    Filip

img8816gfsr2.jpg

Edited by Nick

Dear Filip,

welcome to GMIC-Yugoslavia .

I have never seen such a medal before .

Is that a table medal or a badge for the jacket ?

It seems to me, that it is not an award of the YU-government, but from an assoziation or union of technicans, celebrating their 10th anniversary.

We have to wait for the expertise of our native GMIC-members ...

Best regards

Christian

Thank you Christian for the info, and for the kind words.

The award is a table medal, it actually has a manufacture stamp???(I don't really know what to call it) M. Bracun on the bottom of the medal, heres a pic but it's kinda hard to tell from the flash

img1815gq0.jpg

Filip

Dear Filip,

the medal is really a beauty .

Gospodin M. Bracun (Slovenian name ?) seems to be the designer of the medal, the artist, who created it.

Well, my knowledge of the Serbo-Croatian language is almost non existing and I am not THE expert in awards of Yugoslavia .

As far, as I can translate it, the inscription in the center medallion, it says: "FOR MERITS".

And the inscription around might say: "10 YEARS OF TECHNICAINS OF THE MOTHERLAND".

Best regards

Christian

Dear Filip,

I believe, as Christian said, that it is a private issue, since I don't see the Yugoslavian coat of arms anywhere. Do you know anything more about this Narodna Tehnika (which I believe to to be the name of this school for technicians)?

Gentlemen

sorry but this is not Slobodan Milosevic, on the medal is the bust of Boris Kidric who was a leading Slovenian communist of the "first" days. He has some similarities to SM but nothing more!

Marko stated this in his description too ! :off topic:

Best regards

Milan

Milosevic :speechless1: at a "Narodna Tehnika"-table medal

Gentlemen,

Marko in Belgrade offers a "Narodna Tehnika"-table medal with the picture of Milosevic on it:

http://www.singidunum-online.com/shope/pro...productsID=5553

Best regards :beer:

Christian

QUOTE(orden_master @ Jul 13 2007, 14:05 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Gentlemen

sorry but this is not Slobodan Milosevic, on the medal is the bust of Boris Kidric who was a leading Slovenian communist of the "first" days. He has some similarities to SM but nothing more!

Marko stated this in his description too !

Best regards

Milan

Dear Milan,

as I already stated, my knowledge of the Serbian language is almost zero, so I thought, that Marko was writing, that this is SM ....

Can you tell us something about these "Narodna Tehnika"-table medals ?

Best regards

Christian

Edited by Nick

Dear Filip,

I believe, as Christian said, that it is a private issue, since I don't see the Yugoslavian coat of arms anywhere. Do you know anything more about this Narodna Tehnika (which I believe to to be the name of this school for technicians)?

That's what's bugging me, I don't know what subjects were under Narodna Tehnika, and what the criteria for the award was?

Anyway, a big Thanks to everybody for the info

All the best

Filip