News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Oberstleutnant aD Niemöller

Paul,

I don't thik I have a photgraph but can give you the lowdown on his career if you want it.

Regards

Glenn

Glenn, thanks any information and pointers on how to put together a quality research pack, as ever thanks, Paul

Paul,

Karl Niemöller was born on 4 March 1873 at Vechta in Oldenburg. He entered Infanterie-Regiment 78 as a Fahnenjunker on 19 September 1891. Commissioned as a Second-Lieutenant on 14.1.93 he was transfered to Infanterie-Regiment 164 on 1 April 1897. On 2 July 1900 he left the Prussian Army and entered the II. Ersatz-Seebataillon. On 19 July 1900 he was attached to the staff of the S.M.S. "Gneisenau" and the follwoing year on 12 April to that of the S.M.S. "Stein". Promoted to supernumary Oberleutnant on 16.6.01 he was assigned to the II. Seebataillon on 7 October 1901.

From 1 April to 30 September 1902 he was attached to the Ships' Boys Division and from 13 December 1902 to 31 March 1904 as a supervising officer and instructor at the Naval School. On 15 August 1904 he was assigned to the base company of the III. Seebataillon and then on 17 December 1904 to the III. Seebataillon itself. Leaving the Navy on 31 July 1908 he re-entered the Prussian Army the following day and was assigned to 7. Rhein. Infanterie-Regiment 69 where he was promoted to supernumary Hauptmann on 10.9.08. He was appointed commander of 3./I.R. 69 on 27 Jan 1909 which he commanded until his attachment to the embassy in Santiago on 1 March 1914. He returned from Santiago and was assigned to the Headquarters of I. Reserve-Korps on 3 November 1914.

Regards

Glenn

Edited by Dave Danner

Glenn J said:
    Paul,

Karl Niemöller was born on 4 March 1873 at Vechta in Oldenburg. He entered Infanterie-Regiment 78 as a Fahnenjunker on 19 September 1891. Commissioned as a Second-Lieutenant on 14.1.93 he was transfered to Infanterie-Regiment 164 on 1 April 1897. On 2 July 1900 he left the Prussian Army and entered the II. Ersatz-Seebataillon. On 19 July 1900 he was attached to the staff of the S.M.S. "Gneisenau" and the follwoing year on 12 April to that of the S.M.S. "Stein". Promoted to supernumary Oberleutnant on 16.6.01 he was assigned to the II. Seebataillon on 7 October 1901.

From 1 April to 30 September 1902 he was attached to the Ships' Boys Division and from 13 December 1902 to 31 March 1904 as a supervising officer and instructor at the Naval School. On 15 August 1904 he was assigned to the base company of the III. Seebataillon and then on 17 December 1904 to the III. Seebataillon itself. Leaving the Navy on 31 July 1908 he re-entered the Prussian Army the following day and was assigned to 7. Rhein. Infanterie-Regiment 69 where he was promoted to supernumary Hauptmann on 10.9.08. He was appointed commander of 3./I.R. 69 on 27 Jan 1909 which he commanded until his attachment to the embassy in Santiago on 1 March 1914. He returned from Santiago and was assigned to the Headquarters of I. Reserve-Korps on 3 November 1914.

Regards

Glenn

Glenn, outstanding!, wonder if he got an Chilian decorations, or neck orders, I am aware he got EK1/EK2 in WW1, what would you say is the best source of photographs in Germany?

Edited by Dave Danner

• Dave Danner changed the title to Oberstleutnant aD Niemöller