News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Decoration of the late Patriarch Teoctist

The President of Romania has awarded today the Collar of the Order of the Star of Romania to the late Patriarch Teoctist "as a sign of recognition for the way in which Patriarch Teoctist has dedicated his whole life to the devoted service of the Romanian Orthodox Church, the national unity and the ideal of rapprochement through dialogue of all Christian Churches".

Until now, the collar had only been awarded to heads of states.

A mourning photo of Patriarch Teoctist with the Grand Cross insignia of the Order of the Star of Romania and the Grand Officer insignia of the Greek Order of the Orthodox Crusaders of Jerusalem

patteoctistmm3.jpg

(from the site of the Romanian Patriarchy)

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know whether the red sash on his right (with a lozenge-shaped gold badge) is that of an order?

Sorry, I noticed this posting only now. It is Grand Cross Order of the Orthodox Crusaders of the Holy Sepulcher, awarded by Greek Orthodox Patriarch of Jerusalem.

Does anyone know whether the red sash on his right (with a lozenge-shaped gold badge) is that of an order?

Sorry, I noticed this posting only now. It is Grand Cross Order of the Orthodox Crusaders of the Holy Sepulcher, awarded by Greek Orthodox Patriarch of Jerusalem.

Thanks, Dragomir. Do you have a better image of this order?