News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Garnisonsverwaltungs-Oberinspektor Wilhelm B?nisch 1912

Guest Rick Research

It is certainly Danish, but I think they used the same ribbon for many many awards and like Swedish merit medals, had a common design with different reverse inscriptions to say what the medal was actually for. Looks like a pre-war photo to me, since he has not updated his IX Years Service Brooch to the M1913 Medal.

I'm surprised that although he appears to have been a waiter at The Last Supper, he must have been too YOUNG for the war of 1870. He's not in the Orders Almanac, but according to the Honor Rank List, retired in the same frozen rank and was still alive in 1926. No change in listed awards in 1914. When these poor guys STUCK "in grade" that was it, for decades and decades.

I think Daniel is still working through Glenn's 1917 Beamten-Rangliste, and though I bet the Danish medal isn't listed, that should show what other award(s) B?nisch had as of that year.

Rick, Komtur,

I don't have much on Herr B?nisch. On 6 August 1902 while holding the rank of Kasernen-Inspektor in Frankfurt am Main he was assigned to Mainz as the Kontrollef?hrer or section head. He was promoted to Garnison Verwaltungs Kontroleur on 17.4.03. His title of rank was changed to Garnison Verwaltungs Inspektor on 3 August 1909. He was assigned to Rathenow as the Kontrollef?hrer still in the rank of Garnison Verwaltungs Inspektor on 28 April 1910 being promoted to Garnison Verwaltungs Oberinspektor 29.6.12 which dates the photograph from after this date as he wears the two "Rosettes" of that rank. He was transfered to Stralsund on 11 July 1913.

Regards

Glenn

... promoted to Garnison Verwaltungs Oberinspektor 29.6.12 which dates the photograph from after this date as he wears the two "Rosettes" of that rank. He was transfered to Stralsund on 11 July 1913.

The foto is from ADOLF MEWES RATHENOW, so it must be date from 1912/1913, before he is gone to Stralsund. The name, rank and the year 1912 is written on the back, but in a very modern handwriting. I guess someone else has done before the same identification we do here.

Greetings, Komtur.

Edited by Komtur

Hi Komtur.

a couple more bits of information on Herr B?nisch.

Promoted to Kasernen-Inspektor on 2.4.1896 while assigned to the Garnison-Verwaltung in Darmstadt. Born in 1853 he had previously held the rank of Kasernen-Inspektor auf Probe.

Regards

Glenn