News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Furst Bismarck Medallion

Stu W

Hello,

I am seeking information on this item. Opinions to date vary but it is felt that it represents the transfer of Bismarck's body from his original burial plot to his family tomb. Has anyone an opinion to the contrary or are you able to confirm? Possible value?

Thanks and regards to all in advance.

Stu

Hello Gordon,

You are indeed correct about it being a well struck item. My skill with the camera does not do it justice. When in hand you can see the detail that went into such aspects as the flowers in the beds surrounding the building. Quite remarkable for it's day I believe.

Moving on...I believe that this items was struck to commemorate the spring time (1899) transfer of the coffins of Bismarck and his wife from their former resting place in a church in Varzin/Pommern into the newly built mausoleum in Friedrichsruh. This information has been provided to me by GERDAN on WAF.

Regards,

Stu