News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Officer's Gesellschaft jacket as worn by musicians

Gents,

Over the spring/summer months I bought a number of uniforms and they were in Canada had them shipped to my home in Ottawa. When I retruned to Budapest after my summer holidays there I brought some of them with me. Now it is time to post them.

The first one will be the Officer's Gesellschaft jacket as worn by musicians.

First-the shirt worn under the jacket. It is a standard jack shirt and the markings inside indiacte it was made in the second quarter of 1988 (2/Y).

The Representationschnur is attached at the shoulder in an unusual way. Instead of being attached to abutton on the shoulder under the shoulderboard it has been made with a snap fastener whic fastens through the slit in the tab of the shoulderboard. I'll iluustrate this unusual Representationschnur in the next few photos. I'start with it as it is attached to the shoulderboard.

TS,

You are correct that the musician has EM rank insignia. The members of bands, ensembles etc of the NVA were enlisted men. There were many different musical groups throughout the NVA and the larger ones would have been led by officers. I do not know if any were led by senior NCOs or WOs.

Regards,

Gordon

TS,

You are correct that the musician has EM rank insignia. The members of bands, ensembles etc of the NVA were enlisted men. There were many different musical groups throughout the NVA and the larger ones would have been led by officers. I do not know if any were led by senior NCOs or WOs.

Regards,

Gordon

Do these not wear the swallows nests :unsure:

Order of Victory